Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mandatory BBQ

Nothing really exciting has gone on which is why there haven't been any new posts. Although, last week, Bryan's squadron had a BBQ which counted as a work day. It lasted from 11-4. We had a really fun time. There were LOTS of GOOD food (we got leftovers!), fun activities/games, and I got to know some of the people Bryan works with. Brayden had just had his shots and he was actually good! He loves being outside so that might have been part of it because when we got home he was fussy. Everyone took turns holding him and they took lots of pictures of him too. He liked the attention. Here are some pictures:
















Bryan had to put a nasty concoction from one
container to another using a straw. Bryan won
because he was the one who put the most in.
He/we got movie tickets!
















Brayden was not at all camera shy.































As I said before, Brayden had his Dr. appointment
(finally) and he is 25 inches long and weighs only
12 lbs 10 point something ounces. At 2 months he weighed about 11 lbs. He gained
weight and lost it. He has not been sleeping through
the night at all because he has been so hungry. I'm drying up
or at least not producing enough for him so we got
approved for WIC and got some formula. He doesn't
like it a whole lot but he'll eat it after I nurse him.
The other night he only got up twice (within a half
an hour of each other) and I finally felt like I got a
decent amount of sleep. I think it'll take awhile to
get in the swing of things but hopefully we're headed
in the direction of sleeping through the night like
he's supposed to.

7 comments:

Amber and Mike said...

Oh, Rachel! He's so cute. I love those pictures of him. It looks like he has a great sense of humor. Does he make you laugh all the time? I bet he does. And while your Brayden is losing weight, our Garrett is gaining more and more! We'll see how much he weighs by his 4 month appt. Shots are NEVER fun. I don't look forward to that appointment.

JAWinston said...

So it really was a "Mandatory BBQ"? Interesting, very interesting. Congratulations on winning thos tickets Bryan.

Anonymous said...

Brayden is so flippin cute. He makes some hilarious faces! He seems like a character! Well he is adorable and I hope all is well.

Hall Family said...

What a little stinker!! He's so cute! I would have to agree with the earlier comments in that he definitely seems to have a great sense of humor! I love when babies are happy like that!! Good luck with the sleeping through the night thing.. I hear that's tough! I guess I'll know soon enough! :)

Winston's World said...

love the pictures!!! bryan you are so talented! LOL plus silly!!!! good job on the blog rachel!!!!! give brayden a kiss and a hug for me!!! love ya, Caity

Mommy said...

Don't you love the mandatory get-togethers for the guys? (We refer to them as FUNdatory--i.e. you HAVE to go and you HAVE to have FUN.) Love Brayden's facial expressions!

Amanda Goldsmith said...

Oh Brayden is such a doll! What a great smile! Hang in there with the sleeping. Believe me I understand! Good job on the nursing it's not easy but so worth it!