Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Now that Brayden is almost 9 months old, here is his 8 month picture!





















He has gotten so big and so tall! Lately we haven't been taking a lot of pictures and I don't know why because Brayden has been learning and growing a lot! Here's what he can do:
  • climb stairs-I discovered this the other day when I set him down on the stairs while I was sitting there, and he just started to climb them-I have no idea how he know how or for how long because it was his first time being on them.
  • pull himself up on anything and can get back down.
  • crawl on his knees
  • completely soak a diaper (and anything touching it) in 30-45 minutes
  • feed himself cheerios (that was fun watching him learn that)
  • walk if you hold his hands (he probably won't be doing that on his own for awhile though)
  • discovered the electrical outlets
  • play in the dishwasher
  • follow people around-even other kids
  • play the "I'm going to drop the toy and you pick it up and I'll drop it again and..." game
  • has two (dangerous) teeth
  • crawl away while changing his diaper
There's more stuff but I don't want to bore you with lists so here's more pictures!

















Anytime he sees the dishwasher open (even from
around the corner), he comes crawling as fast as
he can and there will be nothing that stops him.
Oh, his favorite toy is a black measuring spoon.


















We went to check on him shortly after we put
him down for his nap and this is what we found.


















This is what his bottle looks like when he's done
eating. He tries to get every last drop...
You can't really tell but the base of the nipple
is all shriveled up. He does this every time.


















Here he is with his cute little hat on! You can
see his two little teeth!

As far as the pregnancy goes, I have not been
as sick as I was with Brayden (thank goodness).
I've only thrown up a few times and none of them
were recent. It is hard being pregnant and having
a baby to take care of. As many of you know, being
prego is very tiring and so a lot of the times I feel
like I have absolutely no energy. I feel like a big pile
of mush because of it. My acid reflux is bad-it wakes
me up at night (even with medicine) and I'm at the
point where, if it existed, I would have surgery
done to fix it because it is so miserable.
I'm in Young Womens and teach the Beehives-I don't
like preparing lessons but I love my cute little beehives!

Bryan just finished his end of the year stuff at work and
we actually get to eat dinner together now. This week
he is doing honor guard and he says it feels like boot camp
because of the dumbness that goes on so he doesn't really
like it but he has to do it (for a year).

Well that about sums it up. Once I get the energy to do it,
I'll have to have the whole house cleaned (all at once) and
take pictures because we still need to do that (even though
our decorating isn't finished).

10 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

the bottle looks like brayden was chewing on it. (ya know when people chew on their straws). :)

Nancy said...

Brayden is so cute! I love his little hat! I wish Charlie would keep hats on.

I totally know how you feel pregnancy wise. I'm tired...a lot! And even though I'm only 18 weeks I'm starting to get reflux but I think its because we have been eating spicy food lately...I hope that its not going to become an everyday thing yet. I know later on it will but please oh, please not yet.

Good luck with everything! I hope everything is going great!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

I didn't know you were in the Beehives, I am too. I'm the second counselor in the YW it's fun. I was the Wed night leader for a year and they just called me to the presidency a few months ago. Sorry about the reflux that's awful! I've had heart burn through the whole pregnancy and for some reason this last trimester it has let up. Hope yours gets better too. I still can't believe you are that far along! We're getting there...

Winston's World said...

i love his hair when he is on the dishwasher!! hes soo cute!!1

Introspective Steph said...

the pork loin recipe is super easy! I just put it in the crock pot that morning after taking it out of the freezer, set it on low and let it cook all day. Now, I add saurkraut to mine...which i love. but, if you don't like saukraut you don't have to. but, i put that in because then I don't have to season the pork loin. Then i add baby carrots and little potatoes and it makes a meal. :)

Annie said...

Cute little guy! The facts about him are so funny. Babies are so similar! The dishwasher sure is neat though, isn't it?

Introspective Steph said...

are you guys at the Andrews Air force base in maryland? if so, do you know what the median salary is there? or how expensive to live? just let me know....thanks!!!

Introspective Steph said...

i'm slow today...what's BAH stand for?

Lesley Wright said...

That is funny that Brayden's favorite toy is a measuring spoon. Of all the toys that could be bought why do our children like the kitchen items. So funny.

Celia said...

Rachel what a cute little boy Brayden is!