So here is the story all about how....
My due date January 4th came and went. I went to my Dr. appointment on the 7th and I was dilated to a 5. The doctor was really surprised at how far I was dilated especially since I hadn't had any contractions. He had me take a stress test and everything was fine. We were talking about a date to be induced and since my mom was already here and would be leaving in a week, we wanted it to be sooner than later (I couldn't stand to go that much longer anyways). The doctor was talking with a nurse or someone about a date to induce me and were talking about Tuesday or Wednesday (this was taking place on a Thursday of the previous week) and my mom was leaving on Thursday. Bryan stressed to them the sooner the better and the doctor asked "do you want to have him today?" We said yes and asked if we could go home and get our stuff which we did, and then we came back. Before we got back I was starting to have some contractions but nothing like the ones I had after they broke my water. But before we get to that part of the story, we had to wait in a waiting area because they were cleaning up one of the delivery rooms. Then, the fire alarm went off and we had to go back downstairs and outside! Luckily they let us stay in the lobby (because Bryan told them it was ridiculous to send a pregnant women in the beginning stages of labor out in the cold). Luckily we didn't have to wait long and we were able to go back up to labor and delivery. The doctor broke my water at 5:30 and shortly after I had HARD contractions. I had never felt so much pain before in my life. In fact, my life passed before my eyes. A few minutes later I had to have an epidural. All of those women out there who have natural birth...there's a higher place in heaven for them. Once that kicked in, I could still feel the contractions but only a little but I was still really uncomfortable because Spencer was seriously burrowing in my sternum and my ribs and that really hurt. Shortly after the epidural, I felt the need to push and so we called the nurse in. She checked my dilation and I was at a 10. This baby was coming. They called the Dr. (he had just left to get something to eat) and when he came the nurse asked if she should start pushing with me and he said no because this baby was coming. The nurse said I would have a baby before 8. After getting things ready, I pushed and 4 minutes later he was born-all before 7:30! (He was born at 7:28). So I was in labor for only 2 hours and all it took was to break my water. This time around was a lot easier than the last time even though I had a bigger baby. He was 8 lbs 14.7 oz and 21.1 in long-that explains the hibernating in my ribs.

12 comments:
Congratulations!!! What an interesting story, I loved reading it. I'm glad everything went well and hope you get a lot of rest. He's so adorable, and looks a lot like Brayden.
Congrats! I'm glad that things went well and that the baby's doing good. He's so cute!
Wow! That was a crazy story. I am glad everything went so well and it was fast! Spencer is a cutie! I hope you are healing fast and getting sleep!
Wow!!! What a story! I am so happy for you guys. He is a cutie.
Congratulations Rachel! I still can't believe you have 2 kids already. I am very happy for you.
He is so cute just like Brayden!
I am so happy for you guys that everything went well! That must have been crazy! I agree with you on the epidural thing. I don't know if women who do it naturally are stronger or just stupid.
Oh he's adorable!!! I also LOVE that name, and the story!
Wow! 2 hours! I'm very glad you were able to get an epidural! I don't know how women do it without, especially with the faster labors when the pain is intensified! Congratulations on another handsome little man! He is so cute and I love the picture of Brayden getting to hold him! He's going to be such a great big brother!
LOVE IT!!! loved the future heartthrob lady-killer picture!!! HAHAH hes so hansome!!! :D cant wait to see him!! :D love ya Caity
Ahh! Congrats! I agree with you about the women who have natural childbirth. Brayden is going to be a wonderful big brother and they will be the best of friends. So fun.
I just saw this post...i don't know where my eyes have been... congrats again. How's spencer doing? and you? and everyone else? I can only hope that my labor/delivery will only take 2 hours! But, i'm pretty sure it will take longer than that. oh well. Congrats though!!
Oh my goodness! Your story is crazy! So fast!! You have two babies now!!! I can't believe it! I hope all will go well for you! We love the name Spencer. That's actually our tentative name for when we have our next boy.
Good luck with everything!!
Post a Comment