This last weekend, we made a surprise trip to Indiana. My dad was the only one who knew we were coming-just to make sure it was a good weekend to come. We left on Wednesday and at 10:30 p.m. we put Spencer on the doorstep (sitting in his car seat), rang the doorbell, and hid in the bushes (with Bryan holding Brayden). My mom and brother opened the door and boy were they surprised! My mom wasn't expecting anyone that late on a school night and wondered who in the world it could be. They opened the door and "What?! There's a baby on our doorstep!" My sister Jamie heard Trevor say that it looked like Spencer and thought that Karri's (my other sister) boyfriend (named Spencer from Idaho) was here. Needless to say they found us in the bushes and were excited to have such a great surprise! Kaitlyn was in the shower so when she went in her room, Karri and Jamie were playing with Spencer and she said, "What's with the random baby?" They told her they found him on the doorstep.... and Kaitlyn thought it looked like Spencer but didn't understand how he could be there so she asked "Am I hallucinating?" It was pretty awesome. Our surprise was the talk of the next day at seminary, school, and work....
Well here we are at a quaint little town called Nashville.
No, not Tennessee, it's in Indiana.
We just got done visiting the fudge shop! Yum!
Here we are at Marengo Caves. It was so cool!
We LOVE caves and we had an enjoyable time
even if Brayden wasn't being so enjoyable himself.
Note: If you're in the military, ALWAYS ask
if people do military discounts. Bryan got in free
and I got $2 off!
Here's Jamie trying to take a nap with a little curious
Brayden looking at her, who will soon poke her in the eye.
Brayden and Spencer playing with the radio.
We had tinfoil dinners that night and boy
were they good! Brayden just could not
stay away from the fire. I don't know how
it happened, but I looked at his cute little face and
saw that somehow his eyelashes got burned!
Retrieving the food.
REWIND!
This is in August when my family came to visit us!
If Spencer is in that car, Brayden has to be too.
Trevor baptized Chase while EVERYONE was here
so that we could all be a part of Chase's baptism!
Trevor finished up an internship in Hawaii and had to
do a presentation on it in Silverspring, MD. Here is a
family photo after Trevor gave us some leis from Hawaii!
Also while they were here, we went to the Chesapeake Bay
and enjoyed the beach there. The water was so warm!
Chase got buried in the sand and Brayden
is going to dig him out!
Cute little Spencer baby!
Jamie and Karri holding their favorite nephews.
Here's a cute picture of Spencer
and a cute picture of Brayden!
Brayden 19 mo old in photo
Spencer almost 8 mo old in photo.

5 comments:
How fun! What an AWESOME surprise! I'm sure your family was ecstatic!
Enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures. That is really cool that you surprised your family so well!
That must have been the funnest surprise ever! I'm so glad you were able to do that. It looks like you guys are doing well.
Rachel- I could totally picture you surprising your family...I would've done something like that, too. How have you been? I miss you.
We are going to be in DC for a week during Christmas time...any chance you'll be staying around DC during then?
p.s. Don't forget to freshen the outdoors with your febreeze spray (LOL)...good times, good memories.
That looks like tons of fun! I did that to my family once but made the mistake of not telling anyone. Nobody was home...
Post a Comment