Many of you have been asking about the red mark on Brayden's hand. This post will finally answer your question. What he has on his hand is called a strawberry hemangioma, which is a collection of blood vessels on the skin which essentially is a tumor. Babies are not born with it, but they show up a week or two after birth, which is what happened with Brayden. They will get worse but they will eventually go away by the time they are 5-7 years old. Most of the time they develop on the face, and lucky for us (and for Brayden) his is on his hand. They can be removed by laser or steroids if needed. The doctor wanted us to keep an eye on it because it's on his finger and if it gets worse, it can inhibit his use of his fingers so she wanted us to take him to a dermatologist. So we took him to the dermatologist (which is another story) and she prescribed him some steroids. I'v been putting it on him every night for about 2 weeks, with a sock on his hand and then swaddled so he won't stick his hand in his mouth which he loves to do, and it has been getting better. It was a purple color but now it's going back down to a red color. I do worry about putting steroids on my baby but so far he hasn't had any problems-as soon as I see something out of the ordinary, he will be in the doctor's office.

His middle finger is swollen and the steroids
will help that go down as well.
Here is the inside of his hand.
Yes my husband did this to our son-it's actually
kinda funny.
Brayden is beginning to discover his hands
and feet. Because he loves sticking his legs
in the air, he's able to see his feet and grab
them. It's so much fun being able to see him
learn and discover new things. He can also
reach out and grab toys when you hold it
out in front of him.
He is trying so hard to roll over. He almost
has it. He's crying because he is so frustrated.
It would have been longer, but I ran out of
memory (I would've made a video of him
reaching and grabbing his toy as well).
Brayden will be sitting in his swing
the "right" way and after so much
kicking he ends up like this.
Here is a video of Brayden getting ready to
go for a walk (which he absolutely loves).
I put him in the stroller and he started
kicking his legs.
Sorry, all of our videos are sideways and
for some reason once they're downloaded,
the quality goes down.
I love baby feet.
I love this picture of him.
It's bedtime for Brayden.
4 comments:
The video of Bryan spinning him is so cute! We did that with Charlie. It's so funny how long their eyes move back and forth after you spin them.
Oh my gosh, all these videos an dpictures are soooo cute. i love the one with his eys spinning, i also love his feet kicking, infact i just loved all of them!!! you guys should get online sso we can see you guys. he is getting soooo big! Love CAity
Rachel He is so sweet!!!! I love to see so many pictures!
Sweet little pictures! That's interesting about the strawberries. I'd never heard of that before. I hope it doesn't take too long to clear up! But wow, what a cutie!!
Post a Comment