For Memorial Day and the following week, my brother Trevor came to visit. He was here for an orientation of an internship he will be doing next summer. He was staying in Silver Spring which is about 30 min away (with no traffic). We picked him up Sunday night and he stayed with us until Monday evening and then did internship/orientation stuff during the day Tues-Fri. He learned how to use the metro (which I'm still trying to figure out) so we wouldn't have to drive during traffic on the beltway to pick him up and drop him off and waste our time driving instead of hanging out. He had Monday (Memorial Day) free so we toured a little bit of DC. Some of our friends watched Brayden for us so we wouldn't have to worry about feeding him, changing diapers... which was nice not having to worry about that.
Here we are in front of the White House. It's
not as big as I pictured but still cool. You could
see snipers standing on the roof which was cool
too.
Here we are at the Natural History Museum.
This place was wicked awesome. We could have
spent all day here all week long. There were
dinosaur bones, whale and other ocean animal
bones, replicas and stuff of almost everything,
there were different time periods, and who knows
what else because we didn't get to see even a pinch
of what they have. It's a huge building with 4 floors!
We needed to head home for Brayden purposes but
we wanted to see Sacagawea and were trying to find
her but there were so many things to look at. We kept
saying that we needed to go and we'd find one more
thing we wanted to look at and then we'd say that
we needed to go and then we'd find one more thing
that we wanted to look at... and we never did find her.
When the rest of my family comes, we're going to spend
the whole day at this place.
Some other friends were smoking pork all day
and invited us over for some. I should have taken
a picture of it because it was so good! Here's Trevor
and Brayden.
Here's a picture of Brayden-Uncle Trevor
is holding him.
Here they are just relaxing.
Uncle Trevor was feeding Brayden some rice
cereal.
Uncle Trevor and Brayden playing. Trevor
loved playing with Brayden. It was so cute.
Here are some random pictures of other things
going on.
I did laundry the day before and one
of Bryan's dress shirts came out
really wrinkly. Bryan came into
the living room with the iron and
the ironing board. I thought he was
going to iron his shirt. Nope! I was
wrong! My hubby always makes me
smile!

6 comments:
Is that "Night at the Museum" Museum? So, Bryan just wanted some "crisp" bills I take it. Brayden looks pretty long. What kind of things is he doing now? Thanks for the blog update.
Lol. There is never a dull moment I'm sure! Boys are too fun!
It looks like you had a great time with Trevor. He'll make a great daddy one day.
Fun Fun...looks like your having fun without us too...lol...how big is brayden now?
Why is bryan ironing dollers????? u funny, i love the wicked part. you both are just soooo funny!!! love you lots!! caity
Cute pictures of your brother with Brayden! And I laughed SO hard when I saw the picture of Bryan ironing some bills:-)
It looks like you guys are having a FUN summer so far!
What the heck is Bryan doing ironing money? Whatever the reason, it's hilarious! (So did you end up ironing the shirt since he ironed the money?) :)
Post a Comment