As you all know, it has been awhile since I last updated the blog so there are A LOT of pictures, which I suppose is easier to look at than a bunch of words. :)
A lot of people ask me what it's like to raise 2 kids at the same time that are SO close in age. Well the best answer I can give is, I had to adjust to having one kid and now I have to adjust to having 2. I have been told by other people that having 2 kids is easier than 1 because they have each other to play with (regardless of age difference). Spencer is not old enough to play yet so I can't agree or disagree with that statement yet but within the next year I'll be able to. There are some awesome things about it and there are some things that make it difficult. Brayden absolutely loves Spencer-sometimes a little too hard. Every time Brayden sees Spencer his face lights up and he smiles and when Spence is sleeping, Bray will scream in excitement and of course it wakes him up... Brayden loves to get on top of Spencer and just sit on him (I have pictures but they need to be downloaded). Spencer will just sit and watch Brayden play. Because he has someone (a child) to watch, I imagine he will walk earlier and speak earlier than Brayden did-that's how it was with my brother and I (who are 1 year and 22 days apart) according to my mom. Anyway. The pictures are in order from most recent to least recent. Enjoy!
Here is Spencer at 4 months of age.

Brayden at 4 months of age.

Brayden in his toddler bed.
Spencer at the beach for the first time! Bryan took
the day off and we went to Ocean City, Maryland
and had a lot of fun even though it was a little chilly
and windy on the beach while it was nice and warm
inland.
Brayden's first time at the beach. He loved playing
in the sand and was a little afraid of the water. We
buried him in the sand and surprisingly liked it-it
was warmer underneath all that sand.
Easter. Brayden giving Spencer kisses, which he
loves to do. We will tell Bray to give Spence a kiss
and since he knows what that means, he gives it
to him!

11 comments:
Aww, he's gotten so big, that little Spence, and Bray he looks so much older when sitting right next to Spencer. Cute family picture, by the way.
Oh, and Rae you look FABULOUS!!! I love your hair, too.
How does Brayden do with his toddler bed?
Anyway, both your kids are getting so big and sooooo cute!
I love the picture of you and Bryan going to the Banquet. I bet it was fun to dress up. It looks like you have been doing lots of fun activities!
wow how fun yeah I agree I think when Jaston is old enough to play they will entertain eachothe better. Cute boys!!
Rachel you have a beautiful family!
The boys are growing so fast and are handsome.
I enjoy pictures so I am glad there was a lot to look at. I like how you did the comparison between Brayden and Spencer at 4 months and then again at 3 months. It is fun being here!
i can so see the resemblance!!!! they are so cute!!! Brayden has grown so much!! love ya!! caity!
Awww they are so cute!
Wow, your boys are getting big! Time sure does go by fast when you have little ones.
How did we do on the comments? I think we did well and deserve another post. Everyone agree? I'm sure they do.
You two are such a cute couple! I love the photo at the awards ceremony. And the dirt-eating photo :) Brayden is one of the names we're thinking about - hope you don't mind if we steal it :)
Although I can't say from experience, I bet it will be easier having 2 kids close together in age than just having one. I'm always wishing I had a live-in playmate for my toddler!
Post a Comment