Wednesday, February 16, 2011

November through January

Well since it has been months since I've updated, there will be LOTS of pictures! I have to say that my 2 boys keep me extremely busy as you will see, which makes it difficult to spend time updating the blog. I get so tired and exasperated that updating the blog is not my top priority, but today it is! 

November.

Brayden and Spencer playing in baking cocoa. This is not the first (or last) time they have done this. 



Trip to Idaho! It's been 2 years since we were in Idaho and boy do I miss it! 
Brayden giving Great Grandma Winston a kiss.



Great Grandpa Winston eating Spencer's ear.



While in Boise we met up with my uncle and aunt. Bri and I are closer in age than her and my uncle. And Bryan and Bri are the same age. Kinda funny.



Also while in Boise we met up with Bryan's cousin and her family.
We had a lot of people to see. 



Also while in Boise we visited Aunt Linda. (It was also our anniversary-just thought I'd throw that in there). 




On our way to Rexburg, we met up with my former roommate Megan!  



Also, on our way to Rexburg, we met up with Bryan's friends Ben and Katey. We had a lot of people to see.



Our very dear friends Dustin and Cassie. They dated while we dated. Cassie and I would stay up til 2 in the morning on a regular basis talking about our guys. We have so many memories with them and so it was sooooo good to see them! Oh and Brayden and Kenzie are 2 weeks apart. :)



Also while in Rexburg, I met up with some of my Porters comrades, Jessica and Nancy. Again, there were a lot of people to see.



My dad's parents. Just about everything they eat is homemade. They even grind their own wheat!



We met up with Bryan's former construction boss Juan, and his 2 boys. 



We were able to see my aunt and her kids. Her kids are my cousins but they're closer in age to my kids. Kinda funny. 




My mom's side! (well some people are missing).



Spencer trying to play the piano.




Thanksgiving at Bryan's brother's house (Jared and Amanda). They were able to accommodate 14 people!



Grandpa Winston teaching Spencer the mac way.



Spencer and Brayden enjoying Ella's dollhouse. If you look closely you can see Brayden's face through the green door, which is how he got in there-through that green door!



While we were in UT, we met up with an "Andrews AFB" friend. Charla's husband is currently deployed and she is living with family. It was so good to see them!



Also while we were in UT, I met up with my dear friend from Indiana, Lauralee! We have LOTS of memories!




Also while we were in UT, we met up with my uncle Joseph! Again, we had a lot of people to see. 



Also while we were in UT, I got to see my favorite 2 cuz Haylee and her husband!




Also while were were in UT we saw Bryan's Uncle Scott's family. We enjoyed eating pizza and watching old family videos. 


Did I mention that we had A LOT of people to see?


Our trip out West was a ton of fun. We had SO many people to see that it was hard to fit everyone in and be able to spend quality time with them as well. But I'm so glad that we were able to do it! The snow made that very thing even more difficult and caused some heartache for others. But it was a very nice trip and I could have spent more time there. 

December

Back in MD
Brayden joined Spencer in his high chair. Spencer wasn't a very big fan. 



I don't think I need to say anything here.



My "old" roommate Amber came to visit her parents who happen to live in our stake! They invited us over for Christmas dinner. It was so good to see her and her family.



January

Since we couldn't make it to my house for Christmas we went there for New Years. On my birthday we opened up the gifts we had for each other. My little brother called it a second Christmas. Everyone got sick at some point in time from that visit. It was still fun though. Wii brought our we (haha) and some of us stayed up until I don't know how late playing Mario. 



Back to MD. Brayden sitting on the toilet and even using the toilet paper. We have a video of him doing this but I don't know how to download it. It's pretty funny though. He'll say "pee pee" and want to sit on the pot but he's only peed in the pot once. He still just uses his diaper. It doesn't really phase him when he pees through his underwear. 


I hope you enjoyed. It was a lot of catching up I know!


8 comments:

Telsha Winger & fam said...

FUN! I wish I would have known you were in Utah so I could have added yet another person to visit! I love your hair by the way, super cute! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Winston's World said...

I'm so glad you updated. What a great trip - loved all the pictures. I especially love the ones of the boys in all their mischief!! MOM

Nancy said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! I'm glad I got to see you for the short time we got to hang out! Your kids are getting so grown up! Charlie's not quite yet to the potty training stage. He always asks to have his diaper changed but when I ask him if he wants to sit on the toilet he yells "No!". So he isn't ready yet.

Amanda Goldsmith said...

Wow!!! BUSY!!! You sure have your hands full with those cute boys! Love your hair! You guys should plan a trip to California someday :)

Celia said...

What an awesome post!. I wanted to see you guys so badly, especially meet your little boys, they look like such a sweet kids.
I am glad you had so much fun!.

Kim said...

Thanks for the update! You guys were super BUSY around the holidays! LOVE your haircut, your boys are getting so SO big (and absolutely adorable), and YES...the military life is pretty sweet:) I just pray that Ryan won't be deployed anytime soon.
I really enjoy keeping in touch through our blogs, and watching your kiddos grow up:)

Jessica W. Clark said...

It was good seeing ya!

Mommy said...

You did have lots of people to visit! Wow! We sure miss you and the boys! Maybe our paths will cross again someday. But next time you come out West, you'll have to stop in WA to see us. :)