Monday, June 30, 2008

CAMPING

A new week and new post. This one I'm afraid is going to be rather lame, at least if you check it tomorrow. It seems like we are making a habit of posting something on Sunday and then updating it during the week to make it more interesting. So check out our past blog posting to be sure to you haven't missed anything. Don't have super high expectations though, the changes aren't usually that big, normally we add a picture or two or if it is like last week we added some more text. Anyway...
This weeks blog is going to be about our camping trip. Finally the weather has been decent enough and we were able to muster up some free time. We went with our dear friends Dustin and Cassie. They are the best! Props to them for being able to put up with us so much. This outing was a much anticipated adventure. We had talked about camping long before the snow had melted off the ground. However, this was probably one of the shortest camping trips I (Bryan) have ever been on. We didn't leave till about 7:30 and I had to be at work by 8:30 the next morning. Never-the-less it was fun. We left so late because Rachel and I had been invited to a Luau the Business and Communication department was putting on. It was fun but I was expecting more festivities and not so much food. I guess it didn't help that we left a early. They fed us first and then the entertainment came latter. From where we were sitting we couldn't really see and besides, we were eager to go camping so we left. We went home grabbed our stuff and met Cassie and Dustin and we were off. The plan was originally to camp at Beaver Dick Park. That plan was changed about two minutes after arriving. I have never seen so many mosquitoes in my life! It was ridiculous. Everyone but me, I believe, got at least one mosquito bite. I managed to go unbitten partially with luck and partially cause I was slapping my skin like a raving mad man. I hate mosquito bites. Anyway, we decided to go camping somewhere farther less appealing to those annoying bloodsuckers. We ended up camping near a place known as the crack. It was a pleasant enough place. It was fun to chat around the fire. I tried to sneak up on Rachel to scare her after I went off to take care of some business but she knows me too well and figured when I didn't show up for a while that I was trying to sneak up on her. Bummer, she was right and I failed, despite the help Dustin was giving me by trying to keep the girls distracted from the cracking sticks behind them. Well, after filling our tummies with hotdogs and s'mores we called it a night. It got a little chilly and the ground was not exactly a mattress but it was still a pretty good nights sleep at least for me, Rachel said she could of had a better night though. We woke up around 6:30 and about 7:00 I started making breakfast. We had scrambled eggs and sausage. I made it on Dustin and Cassie's handy camping stove and platter. Its an investment I think Rachel and I will make in the near future hopefully. Moving on, breakfast was good and by 7:50 we were all on the road back home and then it was off to work for me. Work was kind of a pain. I was tired and I didn't get much done. Granted I was doing some stuff I don't do real often on my own but I still should of gotten more done. I was relieved when it was time to go home. At home, I had a couple of hours before Iron Man. That was our plan for the evening. We went and saw it with Dustin, Cassie, Amanda, and one of Amanda's roommates. It was a pretty good movie. I am definitely looking forward to its sequel. Well that about sums up our weekend of fun. I'll try and get some pictures posted before the end of the week.

9 comments:

JAWinston said...

Amanda and I enjoyed laughing about what you blogged this week. Crazy people for doing such a short camping trip. It did make a pretty good blog topic though. Looking forward to the pictures you are going to add later this week.

Dustin and Cassie said...

Wow ... I thought we were trying to create blogging moments with you guys not blogging novels! Just kidding! We had a blast!

ABCD said...

camppppping YAY. im super jealous. hopefully ill be going this weekend for the 4th... although i agree--- it would be nice to be at the lake instead!!! maybe next year...

JAWinston said...

I'm expecting a GREAT post this weekend. (To make up for your slackiness!)

Dustin and Cassie said...

Really though can you please update this thing! lol

Lesley Wright said...

I have had you guys as one of our friends on our blog since forever and I would check it regularly. After checking forever and no posts, I stopped checking. Today I checked again and you guys have so many hurray. Check out ours
dave-lesley.blogspot.com

JAWinston said...

I know you have a lot to tell, and that's not just because it has been a while. I know you have news! Go ahead, I dare you! Share your news with us, your faithful blog viewers.

JAWinston said...

...and after the little chat we had... NO NEW BLOG ENTRY!

Alison said...

Hi, Rachel and Bryan! I found your blog today during my hobby of blog surfing. Are you guys still at school at BYU-I? I heard Karri was heading up there too this fall? How fun for everyone!

We'd love to take you guys to dinner when we go up to Idaho next. And, if you're ever in Utah, please stop by and visit! We'd love to have you!

My email is: alisonf76@gmail.com.

Alison (and Rob) :)