Here we are with another camp out. This time we went to Heise Hot Springs. Over the past 2 years that Bryan has been working at Shilo Fire Sprinklers with Juan and Tom, they all have become really good friends and Juan invited us all again to go camping with them.
On Saturday we went and played real golf. We had a big group so we had to split it into two and we (Bryan, Kim, Karri, and I) were the second group with Juan, Diego, Jr., and Antonio ahead of us. The only time that was available for us to do it was at 12:00 noon-the hottest part of the day! Everyone was doing a pretty good job but I was having a really hard time with it but I still had fun. Towards the end though, I was getting really hot and tired and was starting to not feel well but it was a lot of fun and I actually got a little bit of color on my snow colored arms!
Bryan hit a couple of really high-I
mean really high balls. He almost
hit our friends that were way ahead
of us! In an attempt to show me how
to do it, he hit Karri in the leg who
now has a welt from it!
Since I had to hit my ball every 20 feet (literally)
I got really tired and had to take a lot of breaks
under the cool shade.
Marshmallows are always a big hit when camping
and someone was always roasting mallows-even
at breakfast time.
Juan and his family have a 4 wheeler and a
little motorcycle. We took them for a spin.
I don't remember seeing this but here is Bryan
with at least one wheel off the ground.
Here is Karri 4 wheeling for the first time!
I was getting hot in the sun so I went and sat
on some rocks in the shade. Bryan was coming
back from a little drive and came and picked
me up and let me drive. Well at one point he
was holding down the gas and we were going
really fast-it was a little scary but still fun.
Antonio, me, Karri, Jr., and Diego
The boys went fishing early this morning and
caught some fish. Karri jokingly said she would
clean them and even though she tried to put up
a fight everyone held her to her word so here she
is gutting her first fish! She was so brave. It was
one of the nastiest things I have ever seen.
(Kim in the background covering her eyes...)
(Tom's daughter Caitlyn gutted one too)
Thank goodness all the kids wanted to gut one
so none of the adults had to do it except for Tom
(Bryan's co-worker) who showed them all how
to do it-what a great teacher!
The two boys (Jr. and Antonio) roasting their
fish over the fire. It actually tasted pretty good.
Bryan and Juan and the boys loved it. I thought
it tasted alright but it left a fishy taste in my mouth
that was kinda nasty.

1 comment:
WOW so much fun. Looks like a blast. I love camping and fresh fish the best. We do need to keep in better touch. We are good, how are you guys? looks like you are taking advantage of the summer weather before the snow hits.
Post a Comment